At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on some of the world's most challenging tech problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. The fuel behind all of our growth: our bold and innovative brand, our technology and, of course, the people. Maintaining a world-class, global workforce that strives for continued growth and facing hard tech problems head on, is no small task. That's why we value ideas over hierarchy, we build globally while living locally, and we believe that being customer-obsessed everywhere starts with building diverse, inclusive, and driven teams.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at every level of our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We seek to build a workplace that is inclusive of everyone, and where people from every background can thrive.
About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have 10xed our gross bookings! Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
The Uber Eats Data Solutions team is currently looking for strong Backend Software Engineer with data experiences to find out and build proper solutions of Uber Eats data challenges. You will be working with different teams, solving their data challenges by using the cutting-edge technologies, and building the next generation of tools to enable us to efficiently translate data to knowledge. Engineers in this team are a critical part of making Uber Eats successful.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in on the ground floor of something big.
Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Work with Uber Eats teams to solve challenges brought by the large scale and fast growing data
* Work with Uber data platforms to evolve data tools and solutions for whole Uber
* Own Uber Eats core data pipelines and build data quality into them
* Design and develop new systems, tools and dashboards to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
* Manage Uber Eats data processing resources.
What You'll Need
* Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
* 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write detailed design documents.
* Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
* Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Java, Scala, Go, Python, C++ etc.
* Experience with streaming framework such as Apache Spark, Flink is a strong plus.
* Experience with Hadoop/hive, Vertica, Redshift, Presto, Pinot/Scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
* Good SQL skills are preferred
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.