Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
As part of the Network Engineering Group within Technical Operations, the Network Engineer will be an integral part of the infrastructure growth and operational improvements underway at Amobee. This is an opportunity for a seasoned engineer to apply their experience in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Our business is growing quickly, and we need to continue building our global network infrastructure to match that growth. The Network Engineer will be responsible for helping the network team to build and maintain a high capacity network in a more efficient and supportable manner, and proactively proposing enhancements and improvements to the reference network architecture and existing implementations of it.
A successful candidate for this position will be a passionate person who is excited about the chance to work in an high volume production environment, and is able to push the Amobee platform towards a more automated private and public cloud environment.
* Maintain and grow the Amobee public, private and hybrid cloud environments
* Develop tools and automated methods to detect, mitigate and remediate network events
* Knowledge of vendor-agnostic approach to network engineering
* Improve or create automation and tools to collect and monitor metrics, plan capacity, and decrease manual changes within the network
* Good in general Linux administration skills
* Assist with ongoing assessments and upgrades of networks
* Support network issues at all levels from access to core
* Maintain and improve LAN/WAN connectivity across multiple data centers
* Participate in a rotation of primary, 24x7 on-call shift
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Experience in designing, deploying and operating large scale networks
* Proficiency with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible and Puppet
* Scripting experience in either Python, PERL or an equivalent language
* Solid experience with Linux systems and running them in a production environment (preferably CentOS)
* Experienced with IPv4 and a good understanding of IPv6
* Some experience with routing protocols (BGP and OSPF)
* Experience with hardware load balancers is beneficial
* Excellent written documentation and verbal communication skills
* Experience with OpenSwitch is a big plus
* Experience in network monitoring tools such as Intermapper, Cacti or equivalent is a plus
* Proactive "get it done" mentality, while following change control methods and processes
* Willingness to learn, be challenged, and have fun in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Excellent troubleshooting skills, a creative and methodical thinker who can work within a team
Location: Redwood City, open to San Francisco CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Amobee is a global digital marketing technology company.