Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
We're changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Amobee's Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Amobee's online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.
Are you passionate about distributed computing, multi-petabyte data warehouses and real time query processing over a thousand-node computing cluster? Do you think large data shouldn't be about data points but instead give insights and drive decisions? Are you ready to join a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team? If your answers are yes, then you are the person we're looking for.
The Software Engineer position in Amobee's Platform Data team is a hands-on role that contributes to Amobee's success through expertise in large-scale systems and advanced database architecture. You will leverage the Hadoop ecosystem to create the next generation of our analytics product. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing and large-scale data processing.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
* Build BigData systems - work on improving and adding new functionality to Amobee's Data Systems backbone.
* Design and implement features evolving our online advertising and data management product offerings.
* Design, implement our proprietary cutting edge Hadoop/Spark based systems.
* Scale up and tune our ad serving pipeline. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, and computational efficiency.
* Large-scale data ingestion and integration - design, implement scalable ETL processes to collect and store large amount of data from multiple data centers and diverse external partners.
* Predictive analytics - design, implement our analytics platform for our customers to discover potential new consumers
* Real-time query engine - design, implement our state-of-the-art in-memory query engine to bring quick insights to customers
* Collaboration on requirements - Work with the Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line.
* Keep it running - Help troubleshoot application operational issues.
* A degree in Computer Science is preferred.
* Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
* Experience with Java or Scala preferred experience with C++ or C# is acceptable
* Experience with Hadoop (MapReduce, Spark), or similar, large-scale data processing systems is preferred
* Proficiency in relational and NoSQL databases is preferred
* Some experience with distributed systems, advanced applications building, large-scale data processing or application partitioning.
* Experience with AWS and working knowledge of AWS data management, DevOps processes and technologies (Jenkins/Travis, Docker, Kubernetes, monitoring systems, etc) is a plus
* 0-3+ years of relevant experience (appropriate PhD program project work acceptable)
* Good understanding of Object Oriented programming and design
* Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
* Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus.
* Experience with Linux based operating systems is a plus.
Location: Redwood City, CA.
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Amobee is a mobile advertising platform offering end-to-end mobile advertising solutions and services for advertisers andpublishers.