Requisition Number: 156507
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you've ever realized. We're more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase - we're a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the energy and support of EA's global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks and dream big. Our unique studios create amazingly creative and fun games - fast-paced puzzles, adrenaline filled warfare, galaxy-spanning adventures, high-speed racing, and sports so realistic you can practically feel the grass under your feet.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing the cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Player Reliability does at EA:
This unique role will be perfect for an individual who likes to find innovative ways of building powerful data-driven systems to inform automated recovery actions. If the idea of the pattern and signal analysis, extracting meaning out of petabytes of data and analyzing complex technical architecture across EA to understand underlying drivers and root causes of de-stabilization sounds exciting, then this is the path for you. Success has customers spending more hours with our portfolio of games because they are fast and reliable; having "EA Servers" powering a game becomes a competitive differentiator. This effort requires expertise spanning platform technologies, infrastructure technologies, and game engine and client technology across EA's broad portfolio of mobile, console and PC games as well as other consumer-facing touch points.
Projects and Responsibilities may include:
* Extract information from huge amounts of social media, email, chat, and phone data
* Develop a better understanding of service availability issues and leverage data to build a prediction and prevention system
* Automate issue detection and resolution processes
* Build and implement in-depth analyses and data visualizations
* Design, develop, and run experiments to gauge the effectiveness of metrics
* Partner closely with customer service teams to understand how to better communicate and resolve service availability issues
The next great EA Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Player Reliability needs:
* Bachelors or Master's in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
* 5+ years of Machine learning or AI experience
* Ability to define and manage an independent project-from exploratory data analysis to model building, implementation and evaluation
* Expertise in object-oriented design/programming
* Knowledgeable in the area of scalable platform architecture, distributed systems, end to end systems design and architecture
* Passion and creativity for problem-solving
* Strong programming expertise in Python
* Familiarity with a statistical software package such as R, SAS or Stata
* Experience querying databases and distributed data tools
* Able to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaptation, and initiative
* Understanding of the realities of working with large, rich datasets and complex distributed client/server systems. Familiarity with Hadoop, Teradata, Map-reduce concepts preferred
* A passion for gaming and a highly analytical and creative thinker
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-12 00:32:47.077
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.