Requisition Number: 154610
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Are you experienced in large scale web/database deployments? We're looking for a few DevOps/Site Reliability Engineers to join us to continue our work as we scale up to handle a LOT of players in Apex Legends. If you like Apex Legends and want to be a part of a game that is growing incredibly quickly, come join us.
What's it like to be a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer at Respawn?
* Day to Day - As a DevOps/ SRE Engineer with us, you will use your experience with AWS scaling, chef or ansible, nginx, redis, and familiar with lua, php, and other tech to help us with scaling, monitoring, updating, and fully managing an efficient fleet of Linux machines so we can keep operating smoothly as we continue to grow. You will leverage your background in running hundreds of machines and achieving high scale operations.
* Ownership - We are a lean organization with little to no bureaucracy and we currently need just a few more smart people that we can trust to craft great solutions to hard scale problems. As part of a lean, focused team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
* Teamwork - We care a lot about the user experience with our game. Updating and keeping the game running well for our players is a group effort. You will help with monitoring/updating/scaling our backend servers, as well as working with our engineering team as they do investigations, bugfixes, and work with you to roll out new features.
* Growth - At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a path of professional development, and making progress in that journey is a key component of happiness and satisfaction in one's work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests, while also challenging themselves. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer candidates?
* Technical Chops - . We need people who are experienced at AWS scaling, chef or ansible, nginx, redis, and familiar with lua, php, and other tech to help us with scaling, monitoring, updating, and fully managing an efficient fleet of Linux machines.
* Passion for Games/Gaming Community - We look for potential team members who care about our players' experience as much as we do. The ideal candidate will be excited about working in games and creating the best possible user experience for our players.
* Potential Over Experience - We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people with a passion for quality.
* Teamplayer - Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential. Teamwork is very important to our success!
Ideally, you also will have…
Professional experience as an engineer or systems admin in a similar capacity.
A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Dev Ops/Site Reliability Engineer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-13 19:11:57.197
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets worldwide.