JP Morgan Chase
Sr. Java Developer Lead
Req #: 190040758
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over 2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a global leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Digital team is chartered with managing and directing the business services supporting major externally facing application components (web and native mobile apps) focusing on the discipline of functional delivery in the area of customer login, enrollment, product enrollment, and data sourcing across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. enterprise.
The Digital team is currently looking to hire Java/J2EE Applications Developer Leads. As an Application Development Lead you will work will with all aspects of software development lifecycle and be the Scrum team's primary design and technical solutions expert. Candidate must have a solid understanding of middleware messaging technology with proven experience working in a multi-tiered environment. Candidate should be well versed in testing techniques and be able to produce comprehensive tests for all developed code. Candidate must also support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises. Candidate should be capable of producing solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications.
* Participate in and drive end-to-end development lifecycle activities of the application, including design, coding, testing and deployment activities.
* Develop SOAP/REST based web services to expose core payment functionality to Chase consumers in a high-volume, high availability application of consumer and business banking. Utilize programming skills to adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques, while contributing to the technical code base including any required documentation both inside code and in external design specifications.
* Ensure developers produce comprehensive tests for all developed code. Lead system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises.
* Participate in code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation.
* Deliver project milestones on time and within budget.
* Coordinate and collaborate with technical partners for joint application development efforts.
* Research and evaluate alternate solutions and provide recommendations for enhancing the application. Provide technical support for the application, including meeting service level and performance requirements; and diagnosing and evaluating inefficient processes/code.
* As part of the development effort, work with other development teams, testing, operations and architecture groups when changes in technology have cross-impacts across applications; work in concert with the other groups to discuss and address any cross-impacts to the applications.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
* 10+ years of Java/J2EE application development experience or related experience.
* Knowledge and experience in Agile Methodology.
* Experience performing server-side Java programming in a WebSphere/Tomcat environment is required.
* Experience building SOAP/REST web services using Java is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of OOP and SOA principles, and design patterns is required.
* Experience working with Spring IOC is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of J2EE server technologies including XML, JMS, and JAX-WS is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Java concurrency and concurrency patterns is required.
* Experience building thread-safe code is required.
* PL/SQL development experience is required.
* Experience working with ORM tools such as iBatis or Hibernate is required.
* Experience working with TDD, code testability standards, and JUnit/Mockito is required.
* Experience working with open source frameworks, such as Apache, Google, or Netflix is required.
* Experience working on High-Volume, High-Availability Transactional applications is required.
* Experience with API and service testing
* Hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. BDD and Cucumber)
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.