Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Platform Services - Site Reliability Development Lead
Req #: 190029821
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
As part of the Platform Services capacity team you will lead a team of developers that is responsible for creating solutions to track, forecast and manage resources across our various internal cloud platforms. In addition to leading the develop practices of the team, this role will establish and maintain the roadmap for the capacity framework.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
* Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go, AngularJS
* Experience with developing frameworks that help increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Experience in large high performance infrastructure and systems development roles; with relevant performance and capacity management experience and familiarity with WEB APIs and RESTful APIs as well as micro services.
* Experience developing mathematical models
* Experience with infrastructure and virtualization platforms such as Openstack and VMware
* Experience with one or more cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure
* Experience with monitoring & telemetry tools like, Prometheus, Splunk, ELK
* Strong understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Native applications principles, resiliency and security
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations and to interact effectively with peers and management across diverse cultures
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.