* Primary Location: United States,New Jersey,Jersey City * Education: Bachelor's Degree * Job Function: Technology * Schedule: Full-time * Shift: Day Job * Employee Status: Regular * Travel Time: No * Job ID: 19029083
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi is seeking highly motivated candidates for an App Dev Sr Programmer Analyst position in Global Banking Application Development within ISG. This is a permanent role based in Jersey City, NJ.
This role will be focused in particular on leading the development of Client onboarding applications. These applications interface with multitude of source systems that feed various data used for calculations and presentation to the users.
The successful candidates will be responsible for leading the development of software solutions using J2EE, Spring Boot, Microservices, ECS, Tibco, Sybase, Oracle, Mongo DB and Java related technologies.
* Work in partnership with project manager/BA and business stakeholders to understand requirement * Create necessary technical design based on requirements with involvement from development team * Oversee the creation, assignment and execution of tasks for technical implementation * Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks * Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery * Perform Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements. * Perform or Oversee the deployment of code to appropriate environments. * Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging * Perform or Oversee the deployment of code into appropriate environment and post production support.
* Candidate will get an opportunity to work with different technology team and different business stakeholders. * Candidate will get an opportunity to work with latest technology stack like Microservices, Cloud, ECS. CI/CD Pipeline * Candidate will have opportunities to grow into managing people and projects
* Solid experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation (all phases of software development life cycle - SDLC) * Strong knowledge of Java Collection framework and Multi-Threading * Hands-on experience with RESTful service implementations. * Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot. * Experience building Distributed / Service Oriented / Microservice-style and cloud based architectures (, Amazon ECS, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes) * Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, Spring Cloud, Zuul etc.) * Hands on experience with Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar Cube, BitBucket * Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies. * Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems. * Hands on experience with Sybase, Oracle and Mongo DB. * Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology. * Knowledge of design methodologies; design of complex multi-dimensional schema * Working knowledge on GWT
* 6-7 years of working experience in leading software development teams and developing applications using Java Technologies * 2-3 years of experience in developing Microservices with Spring Boot, MongoDB and setting up CI/CD pipeline.
* Bachelors' or Masters' degree in Computer Science and or Engineering
* Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.