* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19032648
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Treasury and Trade Solutions group is built on the power of our network. Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. With a full range of digital and mobile enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS continues to lead the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. TTS offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of treasury and trade solutions including cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, trade finance and services.
* TTS counts 80% of Global Fortune 500, over 1,100 public sector entities and thousands of financial institutions amongst its diverse client base
* Conducts business In 160 countries and jurisdictions, and transacting in over 140 currencies, TTS processes some USD 4.0 trillion of client payments everyday
* Collaborates with clients to deliver next-generation financial solutions using TTS Innovation Labs
Application / Team Overview:
The Vanguard TTS Big Data platform is a multi-year critical program within the Data, Innovation and Architecture Technology, part of Treasury & Trade Solutions. The candidate will have great exposure and opportunity to work with the latest technologies such as Hadoop Big Data eco-system, Cloud Technology, Real-time processing and Analytics.
The candidate will work closely with the Big Data development team and interface with other internal teams and learn how a leading organization conducts itself.
Hiring a hands-on Data Engineer who will take the overall responsibility for end to end software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment, meeting a high level of code quality working within established timelines and Engineering Excellence best practices.
Specifically the candidate will work on a cloud-based initiative to enhance our data management capabilities enabling superior analytics, client experience, and regulatory reporting and data science solutions across business lines globally.
The Data Engineer will have a solid understanding of the "big data" infrastructure and can design, build, integrate data from various resources, and manage big data platform. The data engineer may be required to write complex queries and ensure data is easily accessible, works smoothly with an end goal of optimizing performance of Citi's big data ecosystem. The candidate may also be required to run some ETL on top of big datasets and create big data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis by data scientists.
The ideal candidate will be a resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration.
* Bachelor's degree (in Science, Computers, Information Technology or Engineering)
* At least 12+ years overall IT experience with 3+ years' experience working as a Data Engineer in Data Warehousing, Data Architecture or Data Management. Minimum 3 years of experience working with Hadoop Spark using Scala/Java.
* 3 years of Cloudera Hadoop 5.x / 6.x
* Experience with real time messaging and ingestion including Kafka
* Experience with developing frameworks and utility services including logging/monitoring using ELK or similar
* Working experience with Big Data (HBase/Impala/Hive) No-SQL databases
* Hands on experience with open source software platforms Linux
* Experience with Oracle and/or MYSQL database application development.
* Agile build and deploy DevOps experience preferred
* Cloud experience with Google Cloud (DataProc or BigQuery) or AWS - EMR/Cloudera on EC2 is a plus
* Proven ability in working with the development team members and other partners, with minimal supervision
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well at all levels
* Team Player, self-starter and thorough who is willing to take on any assigned job/responsibilities
* Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
* Efficiently and effectively manages work, time, and resources
* Ability to work under high-pressure situations and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
* Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
* Ability to understand the big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.