As the Manager of the iOS engineering team, you'll lead a tight-knit scrum team crafting compelling mobile experiences on top of our mature SDKs. This team owns best-in-class cloud content management applications transforming a traditional workforce to be truly mobile. You will be a hands-on technical leader who drives the execution and delivery of major features designed to accelerate engagement and growth across our diverse user and enterprise base.
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness. We aim to execute quickly and are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value holistic leaders who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves, their teams, and their products.
Box is building a collaboration platform that powers hundreds of thousands of companies around the world. We make it easy to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much more. We are creating a consumer-centric user experience for the enterprise and want you to help lead that transformation.
Check out our latest mobile tech talk by iOS senior team leaders on rich files experiences on iOS (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7bXC3PFtc)
Within 3 months, you'll...
* Ramp up on the Box product suite and learn about the business needs of your team
* Become familiar with the iOS codebase (Objective-C, Swift), technology stack and mobile use-cases
* Begin to build relationships with your engineers, leads, product teams, customer success teams, and peers to understand their goals
* Lead the delivery of your first major production project
* Hire more epic engineers to grow the team
Within 6 months, you'll...
* Help your team improve their agile execution, software development processes, and test automation
* Develop a deep understanding of Box's long-term business goals and tie in your teams' objectives & key results
* Be a trusted and influential voice beyond your team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as cross-functional peers in Product, QA, and Design
* Develop an ambitious technical roadmap for your teams and align them with your peer engineering teams
Within 12 months, you'll...
* Make significant contributions to Engineering across Box by advancing our major business and technical goals through a first class mobile experience
* Make significant strides toward the next step in your career and your team members' careers
* Wonder why you didn't join Box much earlier
* 2+ years of direct engineering management experience leading successful and highly-engaged teams
* Strong technical aptitude and ability to understand application architecture for mobile development, specifically iOS applications
* 3+ years of direct experience in building and shipping iOS mobile applications for high-value enterprise customers
* High integrity, team-focused approach with collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Success
* Extraordinary organizational, planning, and analytical skills
* Design thinker with the ability to translate user feedback and behavioral data into requirements
* Great problem solving ability and people management skills
* Strong end user empathy and consumer focus
* Responsive person with a strong bias for action
* Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
* Work with other senior, high-performing managers and engineers where you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skill set
* Help evolve the way people collaborate and work with content online
* The Box culture. Not just words, it's something we practice daily.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Box is a company that provides an online file sharing and cloud content management service.