T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
Principal Engineers, Systems Architecture to develop and evolve technical network and service architectures and design strategies to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Technology portfolio.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create, adapt, or revise detailed schematics of network and service architecture, hardware and software selections, and implementation techniques and processes.
* Perform, evaluate, or interpret network simulation, test results, or leading-edge technology studies, and translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums and determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
* Drive engineering projects by applying engineering techniques; conduct tests and inspections; and prepare reports and calculations for Small Cell with comparison to Macro Network. Present project improvement scenarios with business analytical view to internal business partners.
* Create procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture for current deployment to future development.
* Analyze existing architecture, design strategies, standards, processes and vendor roadmaps to highlight upcoming technology changes that would make the processes or tools more effective.
* Apply experience writing complex technical documentation for Small Cell network architecture and designing strategies, standards, and business requirements to present complex ideas to across multiple business units for technical and non-technical audiences.
* Apply experience utilizing CRAN, CoMP, Baseband Scheduler, Interference Coordination, LTE-Advanced Features to improve overall network performance for enterprise wide customer base.
* Apply experience strategically applying 3GPP RAN LTE industry standards to increase performance of enterprise wide network; interpreting and disseminating new standards pertaining to 5G NR, NB-IoT; designing small cells network architecture and upgrade path to existing small cell design.
* Apply experience in wireless Layer 1/2 protocol design, simulation and optimization for wireless standards utilizing 4G/5G technologies (including spatial channel model, OFDM, MIMO, signal processing, interference control, random channel access, and resource allocation).
* Apply experience utilizing unlicensed spectrum technologies (LAA with all UNII bands, CBRS.) and their restrictions to evaluate benefits for network capacity offload (AAV and Broadband backhaul).
* Apply experience with RF propagation modeling, interference, and link budget analysis for outdoor and indoor small cell design for enterprise solutions.
* Drive improvements for designs, processes, or products by reducing cost and improving efficiency or quality.
* Initiate and facilitate product and process improvement dialogues and drive cross functional technical investigations to solve business problems and create new business opportunities.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.