* The Revenue Technology Testing Lead has the overall responsibility of interacting with business analysts, developers, and other stakeholders to create and execute test plans to support business requirements impacting the Revenue Technology domain. Methodologies include regression, functional, automated, performance, and integration testing. Deliverables include publishing daily ongoing testing activities across testing streams (when active) with details around testing status, open issues, and blockers, and mitigation plan.
The candidate at this level is expected to take the initiative to lead testing on larger, more complex projects, serve as a liaison between development and external team members to define the test strategy, and plan for a release. The candidate will be the first level triage for any issues identified during projects and complete a round of troubleshooting before assigning it to technical or functional lead (if needed). The candidate will be coordinating the development team members support required for any day to day processing and concerns by testing partners.
This position requires technical expertise with a sound understanding of the complete system architecture and the functional aspects of revenue accounting. This individual will work independently with minimal supervision and will mentor junior members of the team.
These projects typically have significant customer impact (i.e., Accounting, Finance). In this role, the candidate will be required to interact closely with higher levels of management and provide reasoning on the questions around testing statuses.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and experience in testing financial systems.
* 3+ years of experience in ETL/ELT/In-Database Processing.
* Strong understanding of Stored Procedures, PL/SQL, SQL queries, data analysis, and validation.
* Experience with Teradata: Loading data into Teradata testing environment using BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, MULTI LOAD, and ETL Tools like Aptitude or Informatica.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
* Thorough knowledge of software quality assurance and testing concepts and principles.
* Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
* Must have testing experience on at least 2-4 projects with total project team size greater than three team members and has acted as test lead on 2-4 project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least three testers.
* Must have experience mentoring other members of testing staff.
* Must have testing experience preferably in CI/CT/CD, and Agile CI/CT or DevOps environment.
* In-depth understanding in testing interfacing, reviewing testing requirements generating test cases, test reporting, test automation, test capacity and testing resource management and quality metrics.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Find inefficiencies and solve for them.
* Think outside the box for solutions.
* A strong advocate of Quality control.
* Recommended experience in Aptitude Framework (Revenue Recognition Engine, Accounting Engine, Reporting Data Repository & Data Acquisition Platform), RevPro, RevStream, and/or other ASC 606 / IFRS 15 solutions following double entry principles.
* Recommended experience in tools - Rally, HP Quality Center, Jira, QTest.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
* Participates in early design discussions to understand testing impacts of enhancements.
* Directs testability of requirements and/or user stories.
* Collaborates daily with Business, Dev, OPS, Testing, and Release organizations to ensure all aspects of testing are covered.
* Develops and executes detailed test plans. Lead QA release cycles, report issues, and drives defect management.
* Ensure products and projects move through the QA process promptly and result in a quality solution for deployment.
* Technical leadership of a team responsible for Quality Assurance and testing of Revenue calculations and GL postings.
* Identify challenges with multiple projects for a given release and work closely with Dev leads, QE & TDM to mitigate them.
* Works with TDM & Test resources to coordinate and finalize code-drops and environments.
* Works closely with the TDM/Domain PM/Environment Management to lock the test environments for a release.
* First POC to address any questions from the Test Environment Planning team.
* First level triage for issues/defects in QC, from QE team before assigning them to Functional/Technical Lead.
* Coordinate the dev support required (by test resources) for Daily Processing of jobs or additional activities., provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
* Clarifies any ambiguity with requirements, user stories, design and other artifacts produced as part of the product lifecycle.
* Provides estimates for testing-related user stories and tasks.
* Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
Reporting & Artifacts
* Publishes Daily Status Reports that includes execution progress, risks, mitigation plans, post-implementation quality analysis, and Quarterly Quality Metrics.
* Publishes a Testing plan for the upcoming release (Test Schedule - DIT/QAT/UAT/FCT, Code Drop Dates (Upstream, Downstream, Revenue Domain), Environment details, Test Case Execution Velocity).
* Designs and authors test cases for functional (positive, negative & edge cases), performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
* Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure a proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
* Participate in working sessions with cross-functional resources or special projects related to training and communications about Quality Assurance objectives.
* Monitor and influence vendors to implement relevant industry technologies and standard.
* Guide testing team on implement industry best practices in testing Revenue Accounting.
* Analyzes the organization's competitive position by considering market and industry trends and apply new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service.
* Provides internal training on relevant skills and tools that support Continuous Testing.
* Contributes to Test Community of Practice to evolve testing practices, quality standards, and tools.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.