Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
353 Powerville Rd
Boonton, NJ 07005
Senior software developer (firmware developer) position that involves being a part of R&D group that develops complex software products for the electric utility market. The individual should be capable of architecting and implementing highly-complex embedded software in higher-level languages for embedded microprocessor-based systems. This individual must have proven track record for Linux-based development, experience with programming languages, use of in-circuit emulators and source level debug tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Design and develop Linux-based embedded firmware based on requirements specifications (C, C++).
* Participate in firmware architecture development, reviewing design specifications with other cross-functional teams.
* Co-ordinate work, as necessary, with external consulting firms/design vendors to complete project tasks. This work includes, but not limited to, creating SOW, writing design specifications, creating test plans/procedures etc. for the work to be done via external vendor.
* Act as part of the development team to design the software to meet the required feature set. Assist with the design verification and validation to ensure that the completed design meets the requirements.
* Must be able to use Static Analysis tools such as SourceInsight, SonarQube during firmware development.
* Support Production, Service, Test, and Sales in all phases of product development including post-engineering support.
Skills and Experience
* BSEE or BSCS degree with a minimum of 5-8 years of Linux-based embedded firmware development for industrial products. MSEE preferred.
* At least 5 years' experience with Linux-based "C", "C++" development.
* Proven track-record for problem solving in the firmware development and testing domain.
* Familiarity with Sitara ARM architecture.
* Ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis.
* Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be self-driven, achievement oriented with ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently.
* Familiarity with communication protocols SNMP, DNP, IEC61850 is a plus.
* Familiarity with DSP and PIC controllers is a plus.
* Familiarity with static analysis tools, writing Linux functional test benches.
* Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer and similar tools for troubleshooting.
* Experience with SQLite desirable.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Informatics, Firmware, Consulting, Technology
Hubbell is a manufacturer of electrical and electronic products.