Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
Field Service Technician position is responsible to troubleshoot field problems reported by Sales Agents, Distributors, Contractors and/or End users of product. This requires extensive travel, product expertise, customer-centric attitude, and a professional demeanor at all times. The Field Service Technician must be able to communicate resolution to all levels of technical understanding, including when the problem is not due to Hubbell error/defect. Pointing out that the customer/contractor is at fault while standing face to face is a delicate situation, which takes special handling to manage properly - then ultimately/ideally reaching a satisfactory conclusion for all involved.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Troubleshoot field problems reported by Sales Agents, Distributors, Contractors and/or End users of product. Be able to communicate resolutions (if applicable) to all levels of technical understanding
* Assist in the evaluation of field problems associated with lighting control products across all Hubbell Lighting Brands as the department point of expertise.
* Represent Field Services in business evaluations and resolutions to field problems associated with lighting controls products and systems.
* Determine the most efficient resolution for the customer's problems and advice of correct product to purchase based upon application needs.
* Determine if product is to be scrapped, returned to factory for rework or problem resolved in the field.
* Determine if other functions of the business should be notified of the problem and incorporate their assistance in determining root cause - lead the effort to reach this determination
* Generate CARs (Corrective Action Requests) regarding defects identified through Warranty issues that need to be corrected. (Processing of CAR handled by QA) Advise customer of correct product to purchase based on their application.
* Provide installation (electrical and mechanical) information/instructions to customers and/or contractors. (wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, ballast requirements (amps, watts), etc)
* Provide technical telephone support for agents, customers and contractors when not in the field.
* Assist in training of Certified Field Technicians, agents and when appropriate end users in the programming and troubleshooting of Lighting Control products and systems.
* Provide new Lighting Control system startup and checkout as required.
* Perform other related duties, as necessary.
Skills and Experience
* Associate's Electrical or Electronics degree required.
* LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting and problem solving preferred.
* Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook) and SAP (preferred) or ability to learn SAP needed.
* Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings required.
* Detailed oriented, organized and capable of working efficiently with minimal or no guidance.
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
* Strong decision making and problem solving skills required.
* Ability to present to an audience - internal and external to company
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Elgin
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Maintenance, Technician, ERP, SAP, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Technology
Hubbell is a manufacturer of electrical and electronic products.