Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell's unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
Austin Design Center
1812 Centre Creek Dr.
Austin, Texas 78754
A software engineer at our Hubbell branch is involved in all stages of the software development life cycle. While utilizing your best UI design skills, you will also collaborate with our cross-functional teams, your peers, including stakeholders, to analyze business requirements and create software requirements. In this position you will create the software designs and source code, as well as conduct design and code reviews. Most of the software that we create for our Hubbell brand have integration points with our lighting controls, so you will also be working with product managers to make sure that all integration points have been included in the deliverables.
In this role you will also be analyzing existing software designs, recommend changes, and implement changes to align designs with strategic goals. You will also be involved with cloud and IoT development as well as SQL based data storage and processing. This position also interfaces with QA and other testers, but is not limited to that.
Additionally the position regularly interfaces with all areas of the company such as the senior staff, customer service, technical service, sales, marketing, product management, operations and manufacturing. From time to time it may be required to interface with customers.
Travel is not expected but because our teams are cross-departmental and distributed it may be require for you to occasionally travel to meet with other teams or to collect information at customer sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Collaborate with stakeholders, product managers, and peers to define requirements
* Develop software for new products based on defined requirements
* Develop UI interfaces that incorporate the latest techniques and frameworks
* Creating software that meets software specifications according to project schedules
* Create/maintain software source documents through product release
* Supporting existing products as necessary
Skills and Experience
* 3+ years of experience in developing ASP.NET website is required
* 3+ years of experience with C# is required
* 3+ Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, HTML, HTML5, CSS2, CSS3 of experience is required
* Experience with one or more Java Script frameworks is required
* Experience with delivering rich SPA based solutions is a plus
* Experience in developing Responsive UI is required
* Solid understanding of cyber security is a plus
* Hands on experience with and solid understanding of object oriented principles is required
* Experience with SQL Server and database programming is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to take products through full life cycle from concept to production
* Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and debugging skills
* Ability to work well both independently and within a team
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Developer, User Experience, Cloud, Computer Science, Database, Technology
Hubbell is a manufacturer of electrical and electronic products.