Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive; Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people-not just ones and zeroes. We're people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
The Senior Solutions Analyst is responsible for performing the analysis, scoping, specification development, project approach development, pre-delivery testing and validation, and customer training for the implementation of IBM Tivoli Output Manager (ITOM), which includes data migration as a key component. The Solutions Analyst is involved in the full lifecycle of the engagement from pre-sales through implementation completion. The Solutions Analyst is responsible for engagement and deliverables for multiple concurrent projects that may be in any stage of the lifecycle. Direction to other Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) resources must be provided following the specifications and approach defined by the Solutions Analyst. The Solutions Analyst must be able to effectively interact with a wide variety of people, from consultants, software engineers, application end users, sales, and senior leadership across Rocket, partner and customer teams.
* Preliminary analysis of customer requirements and existing data to provide services scoping recommendations and considerations. Collaborate with CSE Solutioning team members, Sales, customers and partners throughout the discovery and scoping process.
* Develop approach to complete in-depth analysis of customer requirements and data migration rules and considerations to migrate customer data to ITOM.
* Accountable for gathering customer requirements, mapping requirements to ITOM features and capabilities, and leading customer stakeholders to ITOM adoption by providing a vision of how the solution will meet their needs. Through best practice education and training, prepare customer to effectively leverage the ITOM solution.
* Provide leadership during customer engagements, including working closely with CSE Project Management and other team members, conducting customer workshops, gathering customer requirements through interviews and research, providing direction to CSE team members who are performing specified tasks in support of the implementation.
* Maintain all functional deliverables including documented requirements, data migration mapping, design specifications and documentation of migration considerations.
* Act as liaison across Rocket teams to communicate gaps that customer will experience with the ITOM solution and drive the determination how to best address them.
* Ensure development of migration is completed per specification and will meet customer expectations.
* Assist in the definition of solution deployment, training, and user support plans.
* Create test plans, test cases, and performs functional testing prior to delivery to customer for QA testing and acceptance.
* Provide input to the project plan and schedule, identifying key milestones and pre-requisites
* Communicate clearly with customer and Rocket teams at all levels, ensuring understanding of required action items, pre-requisites, activities, progress, roadblocks, and identified risks.
Requires a minimum of 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3 years and a
Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
Experience in the following technologies:
* Mainframe operations applications
* Output Manager applications
* Languages: C, Assembler, Java, REXX, JCL
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a customer facing role
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with data migrations or conversions
* Technical writing skills; must be organized, concise, complete and easily consumable by a varied audience
* Business case development experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Mastery of working in a team environment
* Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with IBM Tivoli Output Manager application
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is an app development company providing solutions to run their critical infrastructure, business processes and data.