About Rocket: Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive; Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people-not just ones and zeroes. We're people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
Rocket is looking for a passionate Principal Software Engineer to help us build a next generation experience for our end-users that work with Db2 on z/OS. You will have the opportunity to touch all parts of the infrastructure and full-stack of UI that will impact all cross-functional teams in the Db2 tools portfolio. Join our team and take on this unique opportunity to build an experience that can meaningfully impact and transform the way our end-users do their job.
What You'll Be Doing?
* Help implementation of a user experience focused on turning user pain points into simple and elegant solutions that are loved.
* Participate and design and implementation of the full data ingestion pipeline.
* Partner and communicate effectively with teams you work with.
* Take full ownership of your deliverable or feature from concept to launch.
* Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality product.
What You'll Bring?
* You are passionate about building software that matters.
* You believe in reimagining and redefining the world through software that is elegant and simple.
* You have an obsession about discovering and solving customer issues.
* You can work independently and drive results.
* You are open to new challenges, and willing to learn.
* Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects.
* You have a strong background in the latest front-end tooling (React, Angular, D3, etc.).
* You have a strong background in backend development (nodejs or Java).
* You have a strong background in API development, deployment and management.
* You have a strong background in working with relational and non-relational databases.
* You have experience in deploying and monitoring applications to production at scale.
* You love open source and are familiar with Apache Spark, Apache Kafka and Apache Edgent.
* You have experience contributing or working with open source projects.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is an app development company providing solutions to run their critical infrastructure, business processes and data.