About Rocket: Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive; Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people-not just ones and zeroes. We're people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
The Manager,IT Program Management is a leadership role accountable for managing the successful implementation of program outcomes and organizational change management for large highly complex back office systems at Rocket. This role will define and champion the Rocket IT Agile Project Management, Portfolio Management and Program Management methodologies. The Manager, IT Program Management will work with IT and business teams to optimize new technical solutions across the Rocket business through standardization and process reengineering, drive end to end acquisition integration to deliver desired business results, and is responsible to establish and report into various Steering Committees for regular updates. They must clearly understand the strategic goals/objectives of Rocket as applicable to the major programs and initiatives under their management and ensure that those strategic outcomes are achieved through the flawless execution of the program.
The ideal candidate must be able to influence both technology teams and business leadership to adhere to agreed program outcomes and schedules, and transform inefficient business processes, while adopting a new technology. Be able to drive external contractors and Technology vendors to adhere to schedules and deliver on commitments to the program. They must direct the program from initiation through implementation and go-live, planning and directing schedules that complete on time, within scope, and budget, meeting and/or exceeding quality standards. The management of the budget for the program is another critical component, working closely with the Rocket Finance team to monitor budgets and look for potential issues before they happen.
Key Role Qualifications:
* Solid understanding of technical project life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
* A proven track record of successfully implementing IT projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech corporate environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
* Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
* Balanced business/technical background:
* Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
* Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
* Solves project issues and risks (technical and non-technical) through identification, evaluation, tracking, communication and mediation.
* Develops and presents project documentation and communication with all project stakeholders.
* Communicates project scope to Stakeholders and Project Sponsors.
* Develops and implements the financial management plan which may include estimating, tracking, controlling, forecasting and/or reporting project financials.
* Participates and/or may lead project management process improvement and best practice assignments.
* Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume and critical production service environment
* Have successfully worked with highly technical teams within large (>$1 billion) companies
* 10+ years of progressively broadening program management experience
* In depth knowledge and experience with Project Management and Agile methodologies
* Demonstrated ability to execute strategic programs within the time, resource and budget constraints and deliver high quality outcomes
* Proven success in establishing key performance indicators, metrics, and focus to drive operational / service delivery best practices
* Experience with M&A activity
* Business and Financial Acumen with demonstrated experience managing a multi-million dollar budget with great discipline in planning, execution, and analysis
* Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
* Strong ability to communicate accurately in both written and verbal forums to a variety of groups, including enterprise customers and Rocketeers
* Ability to communicate program updates to executives
* Works well with peers and team members to build a stronger team both inside and outside the assigned area of responsibility
* Successfully helps to scale the organization's capabilities without compromising on quality or control of the organization
BA/BS in Computer Science.
PMI Certification or Agile Coach certification
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is an app development company providing solutions to run their critical infrastructure, business processes and data.