Role Summary:Global DevOps team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to be part of our exciting journey to develop cutting edge cloud-based Healthcare applications used by customers worldwide. As a technical leader in our growing team, you would help to define, implement, and support strategies for deployment, delivery, & monitoring capabilities for expanding Cloud operations.
Essential Responsibilities:The team is looking to add a member who is expert in systems and services-based architectures, has strong communication skills, strong AWS skills, and is a thought leader in addressing the needs of cloud-based DevOps organizations.
Drives increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse at a release level. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Adds value to build and release engineering discussions.
Core Role Responsibilities:
* Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
* Automating, maintaining and managing Cloud-based (AWS, Azure) Operational needs, to enable, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
* System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
* Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
* Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
* Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 4 years of professional experience
* AWS: 2+ years' experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrails, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
* DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools (e.g. CloudFormation).
Desired Characteristics:• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python, Groovy) and automation skills.
* Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
* Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools.
* Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
* OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C++).
* DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
* Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
* Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GitHub.
* AWS Solution Architect - Associates certification highly desirable or pass certification 5 months after employment start date.
* Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
* Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
* Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Washington;Seattle;
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.