Box is growing rapidly and data powered products will play an integral role in delivering Cloud Content Management and the future of work to our customers. The Enterprise team at Box builds products that help our customers manage their intelligent business processes using the content that store on Box.
As a Senior Backend Engineer for Enterprise Insights & Reporting, you'll be leading the effort in building the technical foundations that will allow Box to provide the analytics, reporting, and data APIs for customers to understand how they are using Box and discover business opportunities using that understanding. Learn more about Insights and our Admin Reports.
Our current development focus include:
* Scaling reports to Big Data proportions
* Providing real-time analytics on collaboration, usage, and security
* Enabling admin users with the tools to intuitively explore rich datasets
Why Box needs you
Box needs technical leaders who inspire others and can work across organizational and team boundaries to set the technical direction of the engineering team. In this role with Enterprise Insights & Reporting, you will lead significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment spanning multiple layers of architecture. We will look to you to provide your perspective on industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, and thought leadership on improving product quality and engineering processes. You will innovate alongside other senior members of our staff as we build Box to help our customers.
Why you need Box
The Box engineering team provides a unique combination of technical challenges around scale and robustness. As part of Enterprise Engineering you will have the opportunity to drive the product and technical vision as well as deliver critical features used by 70% of Fortune 500 companies. With Insights & Reporting, you will be designing and releasing new services that allow you go the full breadth of Box's technology stack from presenting analytics data in web applications to integrating with systems for streaming computations in the cloud.
What you'll be responsible for
* Making key contributions to the technical roadmap of the Enterprise Engineering organization
* Drive the design and implementation of features related to Insights and Reporting products
* Influence the team's processes and execution methods
* Coach and mentor other engineers and teams
* Collaborate with other senior engineers across our organization to shape Box's overall technical strategy
Who you are
* 4-5 years of software engineering experience
* Pragmatic experience decomposing monolithic applications into service-oriented architectures
* Experience developing RESTful APIs
* Has built products with distributed batch compute (ex. MapReduce)
* Familiarity working with object sores, relational and NoSQL databases
* Able to influence other teams to align with your technical and product vision
* Pride in being an owner in both your engineering work and in your team interactions
Additional experience we welcome
* Technical lead in the past for a team of at least 3+ engineers
* Played with the Box APIs
Box Overview: https://www.box.com/products-and-features
Tech Blog: https://blog.box.com/blog/category/engineering
Open Source Projects: http://opensource.box.com/
Developer Platform: https://developer.box.com/
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Box is a provider of an online file sharing and cloud content management service offering unlimited storage, custom branding, and administrative controls.