Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the 'Great Place to Work' certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela's software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America's 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela's many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can't help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we'd love to hear from you.
Impact you will make in the role:
* Participate in the development of Accela Civic platform primarily built on .Net/Java technologies and Angular 7 framework
* Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
* Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings and other Agile ceremonies
* Analyze complex system and business requirements
* Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
* Optimize web applications on both the backend and frond end to maximize speed and scale
* Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
* Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities
* Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
* Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
* Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
* Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
* Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically
* Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
* Ability to work both independently and as a team player
* Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
Expertise you will bring in:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
* 8+ years of development experience as a seasoned Software full stack Engineer
* 5+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Java technologies and front-end development using latest Angular or any modern MVC framework.
* Experience working with C#/.NET
* Experience in Angular framework. Knowledgeable in HTML5, CSS, SCSS, JQuery
* Experience working in JAVA 1.8 & higher, JBoss/Wildfly, Spring boot, REST Web Services, XML, JSON
* In-depth knowledge of data modeling, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, Nosql database design and optimization.
* Prior experience on developing micro-services and successfully built products using SOA
* Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
* Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance.
* Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
* Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
* Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure Cloud
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
* Competitive salaries
* 401(k) with company match
* Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
* 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
* Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer's markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation
Accela is a company designing and delivering government software to enable the development of thriving communities.