Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the 'Great Place to Work' certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela's software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America's 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela's many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can't help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we'd love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
The scrum master/project manager works in a multi-team environment and is integrated into one or more local or remote Engineering teams. The scrum master/project manager serves as an agile coach who works with the scrum team, product owners and release managers to teach and implement agile best practices. The scrum master/project manager helps identify the deliverables, coordinate and manage dependencies for the teams he/she coaches. The scrum master/project manager has experience with lean work management practices, including Scrum and Kanban.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated Scrum Master looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Document all estimates, project statuses, and project completion paperwork
* Manage internal and external milestones, risks and Communication with stakeholders
* Ensure Scrum, Kanban and other agile methods are being followed as agreed to by the team
* Remove barriers and impediments for engineering teams
* Run Agile ceremonies and Coach team members on Scrum and agile best practices
* Inspect projects for quality assurance
Expertise you will bring in:
* 5-7 years of experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager
* Passion for continuous process improvement
* Knowledge of development tools such as Jira, Confluence, SharePoint and the Microsoft Office tools is a must
* Experience managing Complex Enterprise as well as SaaS/Cloud based products/projects
* Experience with Agile methodologies and practices
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Possess a strong attention to detail
* Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
* Demonstrate strong collaboration and teaming skills. Demonstrate the ability to listen and consider input from other team members
* Ability to work with the product owner and the product team to manage a continuous product backlog grooming process
* Talent for holding team members accountable in a positive motivational manner.
* Should be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
* Competitive salaries and a competitive benefits package
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela is a company designing and delivering government software to enable the development of thriving communities.