Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can't help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
The Sr. Director, Quality Engineering is responsible for driving the strategy, implementation, and continuous improvement of quality assurance best practices across Accela products. This role will lead a team to standardize and execute on these best practices from functional testing through regression and test automation as well as load and performance testing of all Accela products. This role has tremendous influence over Accela's SDLC, ensuring the delivery of enterprise-quality products to our customers.
Accela products span a variety of technologies, including GIS, mobile, document management, workflow automation, data & analytics, and 3rd party platform tools, allowing for a diverse range of capabilities and an exciting spectrum of engineering opportunities. We're looking for a technical leader who can bring their experience delivering high quality platform-driven enterprise SaaS applications built from technologies like these.
* Thought leadership guiding the definition, implementation, and continuous improvement of our quality assurance processes and test methodology.
* Collaboration with peers in Development leadership, our Architecture team, and Product Management to prioritize quality throughout the organization. Instill a sense of urgency regarding service quality throughout Accela.
* Interaction with key customers to ensure our quality programs adequately address their use cases.
* Promotion of test automation best practices through all scrum teams.
* Collaboration with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and develop test strategies meeting quality standards.
* Management of roadmap and release estimation efforts through your team; participation in planning exercises with peers to land on goals that accommodate quality targets.
* Team development and mentorship of a globally distributed QA organization.
* Team focus on the intersection of infrastructure and software to provide customers with a high quality, performant, stable service.
* Creation and maintenance of dashboards demonstrating areas of progress and areas of need.
* Evaluation and selection of tools needed to accomplish quality improvement and automation goals.
* Coordination of internal and external test activities to bring peers and customers into the quality assurance process through bug bounty programs, and UAT.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
* Competitive salaries
* 401(k) with company match
* Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
* 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
* Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer's markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation
Accela is a company designing and delivering government software to enable the development of thriving communities.