At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Android App Developer leads the development of new mobile applications that use Nuance Speech Services to improve efficiency in Enterprise and Law Enforcement organizations. The successful candidate will take basic requirements from product management and bring them to life in an elegant and interesting manner that delights app users.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Design and develop mobile applications on Android devices that consume cloud-based speech services
* Build unit testing and other automated test frameworks to support rapid deployment
* Monitor app store feedback and crash reports for continuous product improvement
* Coordinate with the cloud and mobile architect to access high value services on mobile devices
* Document product internals and explain technical details in Confluence
* Mentor additional developers with limited mobile experience
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline; MS preferred
Minimum years of work experience: 5+
* Native development experience on Android mobile applications
* Experience programming and designing apps using Java on Android platform
* Expert understanding of concurrency, synchronization, and memory management on mobile platforms
* Experience with RESTful web services
* Innate curiosity about how and why code works beyond satisfaction with the result
* Ensure that design changes and new features are continually documented and communicated.
* Strong preference for working in a team and sharing knowledge liberally
* At least one completed app (preferably with a cloud component) in Google Play store - provide a link when applying
* Experience with in-app purchase
* Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
* Experience with product development for the Microsoft Azure platform.
* Secure Software Development Methodologies, especially in-depth knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities
* Knowledge of Agile SCRUM, Git and Atlassian Toolset
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.