At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: Nuance Healthcare User Experience is looking for a Sr. Designer to join our growing team. If you are a self-starter that is motivated by knowing that you work is having a real, measurable impact on the lives of millions of people every day, then Nuance Healthcare is the right place for you. On a day-to-day basis, you'll collaborate with a highly-skilled group of individuals that utilize the latest in voice-driven technology to deliver the future of healthcare user experiences.
The UX Senior Designer reports to a UX Sr. Manager, and leads UX design processes in collaboration with their Product Management and Development counterparts. The Sr. Designer will help to define business and user requirements, then drive iterative design and test cycles to deliver Nuance Healthcare applications. Product-specific user research initiatives will be conducted in conjunction with Product Management colleagues.
* 5+ years of experience developing complex B2B workflow applications, healthcare experience a plus
* Experience with current UI design and development tools including the Adobe suite, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq
* Experience with the creation of functional prototypes for user testing and feedback
* Understanding of the Atlassian suite for project communication and collaboration (Jira and Confluence)
* Experience with Agile development
* Familiarity with version control software such as Git and Github a plus
* Collaborate with R&D team members to define business and user requirements, and create product solutions that are executed within software release cycles.
* Determine and execute UX design inputs that support product development progress, including user profiles (personas), workflow diagrams, information architecture schemas, wireframes and finished UI designs.
* Work with R&D team and UX management to continuously reprioritize work efforts within a fluid, fast-paced product development ecosystem.
* Conduct user research and testing initiatives, synthesize user feedback into designs for new products and existing product improvements.
* Demonstrated experience with designing consistent user experiences across different contexts of use and a variety devices (e.g. mobile-first vs. desktop, tablet)
* Confident presentation, communication and facilitation skills with a mastery of user experience principles and ability to effectively represent them
* Ability to lead user requirements gathering activities such as business analysis, task analysis and user interviews
* Experience with creating UX design artifacts such as user personas, workflow diagrams, information architecture schemas, wireframes, and finished UI designs
* Experience with defining and leading up-front user research initiatives, as well as iterative user feedback programs within product development cycles
* Ability to develop design documentation and artifacts in support of technical development, including graphical UI guidelines and corresponding graphical assets, functional specification documentation
* Proven eye for detail and consistency, especially in regard to both visual and interaction design
* Understanding of HIPAA compliance and securing patient health information
Education: BS or higher in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, HCI or a UX design-related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.