We are the Raytheon Space Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) center. We invite you to consider joining us as an engineering Section Manager (SM). Our teams are developing the next generation of space-based imaging systems. We would like to hear from you if you have leadership background in EO/IR optical or RF technology, sensor test, orbital mechanics, digital signal processing, space mission planning or any of the myriad of engineering disciplines that make space imaging a reality.
The section manager performs direct line management activities for 10-20 engineers responsible for System Engineering, Modeling & Simulation, Analysis, and Test for space programs. The SM is also a key technical contributor to the programs supported by the section, as well as a central contributor to new business development activities. The SM activities include career development and performance evaluation and management of their people, resource acquisition and allocation, championing best engineering practices, actively engaging with programs to facilitate and ensure proper execution, and development of proposals.
The SM ensures two-way communication for section members, serves as a liaison to the programs ensuring technical, cost and schedule parameters, as well as overseeing section member job assignments, performance and recognition.
We are seeking Section Managers in the following locations:
* El Segundo, California (3 positions) * Dulles, Virginia (1 position) * Denver, Colorado (1 position)
Responsibilities include coordinating program staffing needs and optimizing staffing across skills and experience to meet demand of mission area. In addition, the SM will team with Department Manager in the execution of Center and SAS engineering goals and will be expected to participate in Department and Center level meetings. The SM must have demonstrable expertise in space systems, systems engineering, production support, and leadership experience. Section Managers will engage regularly with program IPTLs in producing EACs and proposals and will facilitate the department/center level approvals of such. Section managers will engage regularly with the Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) to communicate and coordinate changes in staffing needs. Section managers will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps for the capabilities offered by their section. Organization and strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with operations, chief engineers, department managers and program managers to ensure proper support to the Space Systems mission area.
* DoD Secret Security Clearance Required * Minimum of 10 years experience in space systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification * Demonstrated leadership experience in the range of system engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support * Multidisciplinary leadership experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment * Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers * Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines * Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization * Ability to access to US only data systems * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Engineering leadership experience with space imaging technology * Modeling and simulation of space systems * Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems * Experience in environmental test methods * IPTL & EVMS experience
* BS in Engineering, Sciences, or Math
* MS in Engineering, Sciences, or Management
143735 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CO - Denver
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.