What You'll Do
Looking forward to getting an exciting start to your career? You will bring your unique talents to the Cisco CSG Internet of Things (IoT) group that builds intelligent networking products and platforms for many different IoT applications. In your role as a Software Test Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of a testing life cycle.
You will work with a BU-wide vibrant technical community, learning from experts and translating this learning into exciting opportunities for personal growth.
Who You'll Work With
As an integral member of this team, you will work with a team of seasoned engineers. You will have the opportunity to test some of the industrial features which continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms.
You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry - where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
Who You Are
Excellent quality is what drives you. To ensure this, you have a good understanding of real time OS architectures, embedded software, and basic knowledge of L2, L3, protocols. You possess the necessary skills to work in a highly collaborative, inclusive, and agile atmosphere in partnership with cross-functional teams.
* MSEE/CS with 6 - 8 years of experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 8 - 10 yrs related experience, or equivalent
* Proficiency in the following technologies: IEEE 802.x protocols, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, Multicast.
* Exposure to testing of complex network devices including switching, routing & security systems.
* Expertise in testing, test planning, test specification writing, test estimation and execution & tracking.
* Demonstrated experience in developing test automation using Python, TCL, PERL. Exposure to ATS/PyATS and implementing automation frameworks is an added advantage
* Experience using Traffic Generators/Analyzers such as Ixia/Spirent, Packet Sniffers/Wireshark
* Understanding of Industrial Automation Control Systems (IACS) protocols like CIP, Profinet is highly desirable
* Effective Troubleshooting and Analytical skills
* Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
* Good interpersonal skill and communication skill.
* Quick learner who is self-driven and has a passion to excel
Cisco Networking certifications, such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc. are desirable.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.