Twist Bioscience is a disruptive synthetic biology startup that already collected big name customers. Our goal is to build the most powerful online platform backed by our unique high-throughput DNA synthesis technology. We want to make DNA synthesis as easy as ordering everyday products with the smoothest end-to-end user experience.
To deliver on these goals, we need to build a large scale MES (manufacturing execution system) platform that encompasses R&D, bioinformatics, machine learning, e-commerce, manufacturing, shipping and laboratory management (LIMS). Unlike other manufacturing operations, every order is different and every order item is unique, bringing unique challenges.
We're seeking a well-rounded team lead to guide our backend infrastructure developers while still having the chance to be an active contributor. Help us lead the effort to build a truly one-of-its-kind software platform for synthetic DNA manufacturing and DNA data storage. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team in one of the most interesting science field. Our engineering team works closely with end users to build software that helps run our production smoothly. You will have a significant impact creating robust and scalable environment that enables Twist to rapidly introduce new products and processes into its operations. You will be encouraged to question the status quo and problem solve issues that directly affect our 24x7 operations. You will have ample opportunities to grow and learn about a game changing domain affecting humanity.
What You'll Bring to the Team
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years industry experience in software engineering, with solid backend development experience
* Experience with backend technologies such as node.js, mongodb, postgres, redis, kafka, rabbitmq, python, C# or equivalent
* Good understanding of micro-service challenges
* Strong hands-on coding, design, database & software architecture
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience leading and coaching team members
* No biology experience required - but we are looking for someone who loves to learn outside their field
Why Twist Bioscience?
* Truly unique mid-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders with a proven market and high growth potential
* Backed by leading biotech investors such as Illumina Ventures, Applied Materials, Paladin Capital Group, and ARCH Venture Partners
* Company culture which values work/life balance, family life, and promotes teamwork
* Passionate, diverse, and inclusive team
* Be part of the future of synthetic biology, one of the defining technologies of the future
* Highly competitive salary and equity
* Opportunity to have high impact
* A chance to break from typical software company jobs
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as "writing" DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Twist Bioscience
Synthetic DNA production for specialty chemical compounds and drug development Twist Bioscience Corp.