Twist Bioscience is a disruptive synthetic biology startup that already collected big name customers. Our goal is to build the most powerful online platform backed by our unique high-throughput DNA synthesis technology. We want to make DNA synthesis as easy as ordering everyday products with the smoothest end-to-end user experience.
To deliver on these goals, we need to build a large scale MES (manufacturing execution system) platform that encompasses R&D, bioinformatics, machine learning, e-commerce, manufacturing, shipping and laboratory management (LIMS). Unlike other manufacturing operations, every order is different and every order item is unique, bringing unique challenges.
As a Sr Software Engineer, Backend at Twist, you will be working on a mission critical system that drives our production. Our engineering team works closely with end users to build software that helps run our production smoothly. You will have a significant impact creating robust and scalable environment that enables Twist to rapidly introduce new products and processes into its operations. You will be encouraged to question the status quo and problem solve issues that directly affect our 24x7 operations. You will have ample opportunities to grow and learn about a game changing domain affecting humanity. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.
Required skills or experience:
* Mastery of object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems
* Passion for software technologies and knowledge of multiple languages and frameworks
* Distributed systems
* BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering and minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
* Experience with C# or equivalent
* Experience with Python 3, Postgres
* Experience in a biotech environment
* Experience with or exposure to React, Node.js
* Highly competitive salary and equity
* Best-in-class benefits including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k
* San Francisco, CA
* Mission Bay / Dog Patch area
* Walking distance from Caltrain (4th and King), free shuttle available from Caltrain
* On KT line, UCSF/Mission Bay stop
* Great views of downtown and the bay
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as "writing" DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Twist Bioscience
Synthetic DNA production for specialty chemical compounds and drug development Twist Bioscience Corp.