We are currently seeking an IT System Administrator to join our growing team. We are looking for a top-level performer, someone who is passionate about their career and consistently demonstrates that they are a team player. The IT System Administrator will support networking, local and virtual servers, databases, and storage resources for all sites. Regular activities include local & remote system support, network troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of junior technicians, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Administrator for our Atlassian products Jira & Confluence in a Data Center environment
* Administrator for our JAMF environment with over 300 endpoints
* Administrator for LogMeIn our PC centralized management system
* Manage Active Directory, LDAP, WSUS, Group Policies, and setting of permissions
* Administrator our Meraki network environment
* Administrator for Veaam Backup Solution
* Monitor server, storage, and network performance and troubleshoot problems that arise
* Recommend changes to the IT Infrastructure to improve performance, stability, and availability
* Provide world-class end-user support (in-person, online, and over the phone) to address issues in a timely manner
* In this role, you will be performing 30% Desktop Support & 70% System Administration
* Support our Video Conference (Zoom) rooms, and help produce events like All Hands, Visiting Speakers, Lunch Talks
* Respond to tickets, instant messages, phone calls, and requests for technical assistance from colleagues and executives
* Highly proficient in the creation of detailed documentation, along with excellent training skills on the use of the new systems as you solve business problems
* Respond to alarms and participate in an on-call rotation
* Other duties as assigned
* MS Server 2012 R2 & 2016
* Active Directory - WSUS - Group Policies
* SQL Database
* Cisco Meraki Networking
* SAN Storage - NetApp
* VMware vSphere
* Atlassian Jira/Confluence
* Linux, Red Hat
* Veeam Backup Solution
* Centrify SSO
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent professional experience
* 5+ yrs of experience in the Information Technology field.
* MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert)
* Cisco Meraki Network Operator
* ACSP (Apple Certified Support Professional)
* A+ Certification
* Network+ Certification
* JAMF Certification
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as "writing" DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals, and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Twist Bioscience
Synthetic DNA production for specialty chemical compounds and drug development Twist Bioscience Corp.