Software Systems Engineer(Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 220537
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
Bit Systems Inc., a CACI company, is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join its team in the Sterling, VA office on a long term, prime contract.This is a terrific opportunity to join our team and support an Army organization that's re-shaping the battlespace environment and saving lives.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Managing and monitoring systems for DoD customer from inception to support to operations.
* Participating in the design of information and operational support systems.
* Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools in support of DoD customer.
* Supporting the full life cycle new systems development in a fast paced customer focused environment.
* Monitoring and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with developers to implement those fixes.
* Focusing on system standup, test plan, and scripting of automated test procedures.
* Liaising with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
* Working closely within a team of developers to resolve software conflicts and ensuring all requirements are met
* Participating in team meetings and software design reviews
* Performing regression testing to support new software releases.
* Interfacing with all aspects of the team to resolve system engineering issues and actions.
* Originating and delivering technical briefs to the government and contractor personnel and all levels.
* Providing technical support and system engineering assistance to other elements at the direction of the government client.
* Providing system engineering support and advice for team integration on new platforms when required at system level for cost/schedule impacts.
* Reviewing project initiatives and designs changes for cost/schedule impacts at system level.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active TS/SCI
* Bachelor's Degree (BS) plus 5+ years of systems engineering experience
* Familiarity with Linux-based systems
* Experience shredding and documenting requirements
* Experience verifying solutions meet requirements
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Linux System knowledge with general knowledge of automated scripting
* Python/Perl/C knowledge desired.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.