At Raytheon, we aspire to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems supplier through world-class people and technology.
Raytheon SAS designs, develops, produces and supports a vast array of electro-optical/infrared sensors, active electronically scanned array/scanning radars, and various integrated systems solutions to provide customers with actionable information for strike, persistent surveillance, and special mission applications. These best-in-class systems perform detection, identification, tracking, targeting, navigation, weather, and situational awareness tasks from a variety of airborne platforms including maritime, littoral and overland patrol aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, and other tactical, attack and transport rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Raytheon radar products are deployed by every branch of the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and several other government, commercial and international customers.
This position is for a software engineering leader/DO-178 SME with thorough knowledge of DO-178 requirements. This position will initially provide technical leadership to multiple programs in order to meet the requirements for DO-178 certification from DAL Level A down to Level D. Responsibilities include supporting related proposal activities, providing guidance to the development of compliant software architectures, ensuring successful DO-178 compliance through assessment of contract requirements, evaluating and determining options for achieving certification, and executing to close gaps and ensure program success.
This leader will work with customers to understand options that impact quality, cost and schedule. A proven track record in building and obtaining consensus from internal management and customer representatives, as well as executing on time and within budget is required. The position is based in California, but some travel may be required.
This is a complex role requiring breadth and depth to ensure program objectives and requirements are successfully addressed. The successful candidate will support new business acquisition and technology innovation, in addition to reviewing existing work products and evidence to ensure DO-178 compliance. This individual will direct the activities of, mentor, and influence engineers of multiple disciplines. Additionally, this person will have the ability to explain and defend decisions, and to respond quickly within a dynamic program environment. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and mentoring to the software engineering team to ensure mission success.
Additional assignment duties include:
1) Designing and implementing a structural coverage analysis approach to achieve the required coverage to meet requirements.
2) Assessment of verification requirements of the various tools used during testing.
3) Effectively communicating technical knowledge regarding DO-178 software development requirements when working with customers, Designated Engineering Representative (DER), and program team.
4) Effectively utilizing management skills to monitor and guide the program team to produce products that meet the contract requirements.
5) Leading and participating in customer meetings, test readiness reviews, and regular status meetings.
6) Identifying, recommending and implementing risk mitigation activities to reduce cost, schedule and technical risks.
* Position requires US Citizenship as candidate will be required to have a US Security Clearance day one of employment*
* Minimum of 12 years' experience with embedded software development * Advanced background in DO-178 (preferred DO-178C) standards and real-time embedded software systems * Understand all Stages of Involvement (SOI) of DO-178 Processes and Documents. * Experience with software management and the software lifecycle, including system integration * Ability to obtain special access clearances (Existing DoD clearance preferred) * Good written and verbal communication skills * A proven track record in building and obtaining consensus from internal management and customer representatives, as well as executing on time and within budget is required * Active DoD Secret security clearance * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Proven ability to lead or to help team to resolve technical issues * Experience in execution of tasks with little to no direction and to lead the efforts of others * Ability to mentor and motivate team * Proven experience working with technically skilled teammates and customers * Required Education:
Minimum Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
132850BR 132850 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.