Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) currently has an opening for a section manager in the Software Engineering Center (SWEC). The EO/IR Department provides world-class software for the Electro-Optic and Infra-Red programs providing Surveillance, Tracking, and Automatic Target Recognition as well as Airborne Processor software for state-of-the-art secure mission processors.
As a SWEC section manager, the applicant is required to perform functional management tasks as well as being actively engaged in the technical and/or programmatic aspects of programs in SAS. Section managers are responsible for providing engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and the SAS processes. Engineering leadership tasks include but not are not limited to such activities as ensuring adequate resources (personnel and assets) are provided to programs, providing technical guidance, developing career paths, facilitating alignment with engineering command media, leading productivity improvement and risk mitigation initiatives, and providing cost estimates for proposal activities.
* A minimum of 6 years of experience in software development or equivalent experience.
* Experience providing technical leadership to engineers.
* Experience organizing and responding to requests from multiple sources; must be able to multi-task effectively
* Experience providing career development and coaching to team members.
* Must be an advocate for productivity improvement and risk mitigation efforts
* Experience evaluating performance of section members and ensuring completion of required and suggested training.
* Must have a comfort level in dealing with difficult and challenging situations/personnel issues
* Experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
* Experience in at least one high level computing language: i.e. Ada, C/C++, Java, etc.
* Experience in hardware/software integration
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Methodologies
* Familiarity with source control and release management concepts.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active Secret clearance required on day one of employment and role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance.
* Skilled in conflict management and resolution
* Ability to coordinate with other teams, and create/promote/facilitate synergy
* Experience with working with hardware/software interfaces in test and measurement systems.
* Earned Value Experience
* Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or related field
138370 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.