Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of more than 40 million unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.1 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About This Role
Houzz's ever-growing marketplace, with over 10M products sold by over 20K sellers, is powered by a small team of amazing engineers and product people. The team is looking for an engineer who wants to work with modern tools like React, Node/Express, ES6, Less, Webpack, Babel, GraphQL, & Java, maintain our site performance and work in a variety of browsers and viewports.
As a software engineer you will take business concepts and ideas and transform them to live products and workflows that are used by millions of homeowners and sellers worldwide. We are looking for engineers who want to work on challenging problems of scale. We are looking for someone who is self-directed, independent, and has experience owning complete products and features.
What You'll Do
* Manage the software development of 1-2 teams working on high-impact projects
* Design and review code, troubleshoot and mentor team members on technical matters in order to keep up with our high technical standards
* Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
* Guide the discussions and technical decisions about the best possible solutions
* Responsibility for building and leading professional hiring and onboarding processes
* Work closely with product managers and peers to explore options, define product and technical strategy, and build roadmaps for your team
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
* 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience
* Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
* Good understanding of web application development and SOA models
* Experience in developing distributed systems
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Ideally, You'll Also Have
* 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience
* Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Data Science and Design
* Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We're a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion - celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.1 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Commuter benefits
* Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
* Maternity/paternity leave program
* Employee assistance program
* 401k retirement savings plan
* Flexible spending accounts
* Healthy at Houzz program
* Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houzz is a company that develops an online platform for home remodeling, architecture, interior design, decorating, landscape design and home improvement.