Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of more than 40 million unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.1 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who would be a great addition to a new and growing office working alongside former Google and Uber engineers. This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up environment with the backing of a larger organization.
What You'll Do
* Take high level ideas and transforming them into live products, used by millions of homeowners and professionals from around the world
* Build features for all parts of our web application, its libraries, widgets and custom features
* Work cross-functionally across engineering, product, and design teams
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
* Proficiency in web stack programming, from schema design to building user-facing interfaces
* A desire to build an engaging consumer experience
* B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
* 1+ years of experience
Ideally, You'll Also Have
* Independence, self-direction and experience owning complete products and features
* Experience developing consumer facing features for millions of consumers
* Familiarity with NoSQL databases and Lucene/Solr
* Comfort working on fast paced, data-driven projects
* 3+ years experience
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We're a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion - celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.1 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Commuter benefits
* Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
* Maternity/paternity leave program
* Employee assistance program
* 401k retirement savings plan
* Flexible spending accounts
* Healthy at Houzz program
* Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houzz is an online platform for home remodeling, architecture, interior design, decorating, landscape design and home improvement.