Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Software Engineering (Production Support Lead)
Req #: 190025868
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages including: Production Support and Cloud/Web Applications
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Provide Level 2 support to internal business users
* 5+ years of Software Engineering and/or Windows Server L2 Support experience. Should have knowledge of basic UNIX/Linux commands
* 5+ years of Database experience (SQL server/ Oracle) with a good understanding of Stored procedures, and trouble shooting performance and data quality issues
* 5+ years of Production Support experience with a large Financial Institution
* Experience in Job scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M etc
* Experience in working with on shore / off shore operations / support Teams
* Familiarity with DevOps
* Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions
* Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues
* Effectively perform and document root cause analysis of issues
* Identify efficiencies and ways to improve processes
* Juggle an array of tasks while demonstrating strong organization
* Perform daily health checks of the application, job schedules and infrastructure supporting the application
* Develop scripts to automate repeatable manual tasks
* Participate in Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes
* Partake in audit support activities, as they pertain to Information Security, for both internal and external audits
* Perform audit support tasks as assigned
* Manage the application risk to ensure the security and resiliency of the application is in compliance with firm and regulatory requirements
* Ensure infrastructure has adequate capacity and are refreshed on a periodic basis
* Maintain system documentation and provide production metrics reporting
* Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
* Collaborate with developers to build automation and better monitoring tools and able to understand application architecture
* Manages non-production environments that are part of the continuous delivery lifecycle
* Share production support and monitoring responsibilities with developers
* Ability to test and deploy all environments leveraging the right controls and automation
* Follows a support model that facilitates everyone participating at some point
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.