Software Engineering Lead
Req #: 190038642
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced Software Engineering Lead, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
You will lead work for the Global Real Estate (GRE) business partners and IT Leadership to execute appropriate IT business strategies. You will prioritize the development and implementation of key enhancements, system integration efforts, drive deployments, and manage the resolution process for any application production problems that are escalated to the development team. You will also oversee formal performance testing process and help to manage the relationship with internal technology partners and external technology vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all applications. You will coordinate workload of assigned team members to ensure delivery of agreed project milestones; identify/mitigate risks to delivering solution on time, on budget and as per user expectations. You will oversee activities of development staff and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* College degree related to Computer Science or Technology Management
* 10+ years of hands-on Java application development experience
* Must have J2EE (Java, JSP, JSF, EJB, CSS, Spring, Struts, HTTP), Hibernate, , UML, Subversion, Transfer protocols - (SFTP, HTML, Java Script, XML , XML parsing), Web Services/API (REST and SOAP)
* Solid experience in enterprise level J2EE platforms using J2EE design patterns
* Solid experience in Java design, coding, testing and debugging techniques
* Minimum seven years of relevant development life cycle experience in systems and applications management including experience in development and leading teams on an Agile Development environment.
* Expertise in maintaining a portfolio of applications with global users/clients
* Experience working with globally dispersed development teams
* Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
* Technical development expertise in web-based applications on a variety of backend environments (i.e. Unix, Windows with various types of data persistence integration - DB2, Oracle, NoSQL data stores)
* Experience with UI development frameworks such as React or Angular.
* Experience with Spring Boot/Spring MVC
* Familiarity with strict change control procedures, and release management processes in highly controlled technology environments
* Application Security Champion certification and mobile application integration experience is a plus
* Experience with Business Intelligence and Machine Learning is a plus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.