Do you have a passion for gaming? Are you a software developer passionate about building highly scalable gaming services? The Xbox Live team designs, develops, and maintains services that directly power a multitude of gaming experiences both inside and outside the game. For our Xbox Live Multiplayer team, the areas of focus include Matchmaking, Sessions, Parties, Game Invites, and more. As the Microsoft Gaming organization increases its focus on cross platform support, our target has grown beyond the console to all players across all platforms.
Xbox Live is an exceptional place to work - for every gamer, and every non-gamer with a real passion for deeply understanding our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and even better still when we support and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
You should be creative and have strong design and development skills
* You should have one or more years of experience at a professional software organization
* You need a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, caching, multi-threading)
* Real passion for collaborating across teams and disciplines
* Desire to create high quality, highly available services that keep our customers happy and engaged
Your onboarding will be an easier ramp up if your qualifications also include
* At least 1 year C# in a development role
* Experience with or desire to learn Azure technology, including storage and compute
* Knowledge of networking transports (HTTP, TCP) and distributed systems
* Experience in stream processing architectures and implementation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a developer on the team, you will experience the two sides of the gaming industry coin - both developers and players are our customers.
* You will be responsible for helping our developers by using state of the art in-house, open source, and Azure technology to design, build, and run reliable high quality services that scale to millions of concurrent users.
* You will have the opportunity to work closely with internal & external game developers to debug issues, incorporate feedback, and discover the next rewarding user-facing feature.
* Meaningfully in the coming year you will help us build our scale to handle millions of new users on new devices and platforms.
* You will ensure our players our always having an amazing time.
* You will want to be an active participant in a community of creativity, inclusion, and respect.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.