Turn 10 Studios, world leaders in AAA racing entertainment, are looking for a senior mobile software engineering lead to help us build amazing experiences on iOS and Android. You will have the chance to work across the tech stack as we share client and server technology across titles, platforms, and game engines. You will become the engineering bridge between Turn 10's internal development team and our partner development studios, as well as a key member of our incredibly talented and tight-knit internal development team.
* B.S. in Math/Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills -- you should achieve success through collaboration, not dictation
* A strong background in C++ game development
* A proven track record in iOS and Android game development
* Experience in all phases of product cycles, from concept to launch and beyond, preferably across multiple releases and/or titles
* A drive for code quality and continuous delivery systems
Ideal candidates will have most of the following:
* Proven track record of technical leadership
* Enthusiasm for video games
* Experience in Unreal Engine and/or Unity
* Experience porting code between platforms
* Experience in multiple areas of concentration (e.g. rendering, gameplay, content pipelines, services, performance, etc.)
* Experience debugging codebases developed by others
* Experience managing external development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Publishing Development Lead, you would manage the engineering side of the cross-studio relationship. You will have a key role in establishing, communicating, and maintaining clear engineering goals and processes across the studios. You will be responsible for milestone creation and acceptance, as well as early identification of engineering risk and development of mitigation plans. In addition, you will identify tech sharing opportunities and help ensure that advances that we make on the mobile side can be integrated into our core shared code. You will lead the publishing engineering team through all phases of the product cycle, supporting our cross-platform mobile efforts through not just the development cycle, but the continuous release product cadence post-launch.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.