Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing Enterprise communication system. It is the hub for Office 365 products. Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs. This space is going through rapid growth. People can learn new technologies and grow their career quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build services and experiences that millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives
You can find more info about Teams at https://products.office.com/en-US/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes that will enhance their ability to succeed in these various positions:
* Technical Excellence - Technical excellence is at the heart of software engineering. This is demonstrating a passion for technology and the engineering craft, a curiosity to 'go deep', being able to quickly learn and build upon past experiences and being able to extrapolate from those experiences and deliver innovation. Technical excellence is rooted in demonstrating a strong aptitude for problem solving.
* Customer Focus - We are nothing without our customers. A focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
* Drive for Results - Being able to drive for results - not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility - but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and capability that successful engineers exhibit.
* Collaboration - As most engineering is about working with others, both within an immediate team and across business units within Microsoft, effective collaboration is a core competency for all of our engineers.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* Compliance and security experience is a big plus
* Interest in delivering high quality, large scale services in messaging, chat, search, data or related areas
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Interview Day at our Redmond campus on Friday, August 16th, 2019. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We work on a varied set of challenges spanning many computer engineering domains: user experience, high availability services, security, artificial intelligence, developer ecosystem etc. And we leverage lots of cutting-edge open source technologies in our stack.
* Design and implement new features and provide input to improve existing features and designs
* Listen to customer and leverage insights to build high-quality experiences and services people love to use
* Collaborate with others to develop, evolve and improve experiences and services used by hundreds of millions of people
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.