What you'll be doing...
You'll develop advanced software applications for new and ongoing telecommunications and data communications projects. These efforts will be aimed at customer retention and revenue expansion.
Major responsibilities include:
* Design, code, and test custom software systems for telecommunications and data communications applications.
* Analyze customer requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
* Coordinate with project management and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions.
* Apply object oriented techniques and Agile methodologies.
* Author technical documentation as needed.
* Support QA team in developing test plans.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field or four of more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of experience.
* Software development experience in LINUX, Java, C/C++.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
* Multi-threaded software development.
* Experience working with IP protocols and packet processing.
* Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Minimum of 8 years in developing complex software systems.
* Successful track record in forming strong partnerships with teams in the business organization such as project management, QA, and other engineering groups.
* Communication and analytical skills.
* Background working with networking technology for telecommunications and data communications applications.
* Java IDE, J2EE, and jQuery.
* Usage of source version control products such as Perforce, Git, or SVN.
* Experience with OODB and Big Data (Hadoop, Vertica, etc.).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.