What you'll be doing...
Our Verizon Wireless Network Security Incident Response Team (NSIRT) is at the front line of detecting, monitoring for and responding to cybersecurity incidents within the Wireless Network infrastructure. You will have a crucial role in defending the Wireless network from potential and active threats. You will be agile, willing to learn and able to think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge tools to monitor and defend the Verizon Wireless network infrastructure and customers from a wide array of cyber threats. This is a hybrid Systems Administration, Content Development and Threat Monitoring position.
* Monitors and analyzes logs and alerts from a variety of platforms in order to identify and mitigate security incidents affecting the Verizon Wireless network infrastructure and customer networks. This includes analysis of logs from IDS/IPS, firewalls, proxies, antivirus and endpoint protection, servers and workstations, and other security tools and devices.
* Follows defined workflow and processes for incident assessment and response where required. Ensures all issues are documented promptly and effectively.
* Provides platform, system and application support to security tools owned and operated by NSIRT.
* Works with other Technology and IT groups to ensure their applications and platforms are performing system logging in compliance with corporate security policy.
* Works to integrate logs, security tools and context data into Security Event Management tool (SIEM).
* Coordinates with other Incident Response teams to identify common threats and ensure sharing of threat intelligence.
* Develops content in SIEM and Incident Response Workflow tool to enable more effective detections and rapid, consistent response to incidents.
* Automates workflow and processes to streamline incident detection and response as well as improve efficiency of operations.
* Work with system administrators to validate logging and alerting configuration.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience working with log management and/or SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security).
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Linux Systems Administration experience including writing scripts for automation.
* Understanding of enterprise systems administration (Linux preferred) and/or enterprise networking. Knowledge of protocols like TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, and SMTP.
* Systems programming or scripting experience.
* Experience handling and understanding system and application logs.
* Knowledge of Enterprise Antivirus, IDS, deep packet inspection and host/network threat analysis.
* Knowledge of breach detection and response or endpoint detection and response tools.
* Knowldge ofpacket inspection and components - break down packets.
* Knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and security issues.
* Cybersecurity experience in the Telecommunications industry.
* Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
* Understanding of iOS and Android mobile platforms.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Effective organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
* Effective organizational skills.
* Certifications (CISSP, GSEC).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.