What you'll be doing...
The Network Operations Supervisor will report to the area manager and interface with directors, project managers, vendors, dispatch centers, and field personnel. This position manages a team of field technicians that are responsible for inside and outside plant activities, CPE installation and project installations (CCR). This team covers installation, repair and maintenance of the long distance and local network equipment and fiber optics in a 7x24 environment. Other aspects of this position involve safety and training compliance, ensuring vehicles are properly maintained, maintaining the technician work schedules, tracking absences and timely completion of timesheet approvals. This is a fast paced environment with plenty of variety.
The position will have active involvement in problem-solving processes and 7x24 availability. The leader will perform productivity assessments, and proactively evaluate, analyze, and recommend solutions to provide a differentiated service experience to Verizon's customers. The manager will also provide transformation leadership in support of organizational strategies and good practices to create efficiencies within the business that scale to support growth.
The successful candidate will translate business requirements into practical application partnering with leadership, centers, and field partners to establish and implement objectives that achieve organizational goals in the areas of: cost reduction, driving revenue, workforce management effectiveness, and the ability to execute on customer commitments; requires a strong understanding of data analytics/metrics management, and displays a willingness to effectively drive changes across the Enterprise.
* Leading, motivating, and developing a high performing team while driving change to meet strategic business goals.
* Proactively monitoring the network and effectively handling Tactical Outage, Situational Management, and Unplanned Outage Events.
* Providing technical assistance and communicating technical information and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations, and management teams.
* Developing and implementing global response plans to network-impacting events.
* Sharing best practices and mentoring to share knowledge of telecommunications equipment and technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel upto approximately 25% of the time.
* Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams and organizational budgets
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management, engineering or any other related discipline.
* Knowledge of network equipment and systems.
* Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) tools. Experience with Verizon internal systems (i.e. Espresso, ETMS, vRepair, BAAIS National, Smarts, OASIS, MASTARS, F & E, Netpro, MECCA, TCOMS, Lotus Notes).
* Experience managing complex processes and driving results.
* Five or more years of supervisory experience in a network, field operations or related environment.
* Five or more years of experience in administering processes and policies as they relate to: safety, attendance, performance work rules and code of conduct.
* Five or more years of experience and knowledge of the following: CO or Terminal transport systems, DS1 through OCN, DWDM, ULH, Fiber locating, Fiber splicing, outside plant construction and CPE
* Five or more years of technical knowledge, specifically basic power knowledge, fiber optics installation, maintenance, voice and data services.
* Knowledge of basic employment/labor laws.
* Critical thinking skills to solve both strategic and tactical challenges on a daily basis with advanced skills to perform complex work; ability to provide clear and timely responses and feedback.
* Ability to successfully coach and/or provide corrective action as needed.
* Strong leadership capabilities.
* Ability to manage in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
* Works well in a team environment.
* Analytical skills with the ability to analyze problem, develop solutions and make sound decisions.
* Detail oriented with ability to maintain high level of accuracy.
* Ability to interact with various levels of management, various departments and with internal and external customers
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.