Be part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
As the Internet of Things continues to grow and billions of devices get connected, compute workloads become distributed between Cloud and Edge. The Azure IoT Edge platform, as part of Microsoft's intelligent edge offering, streamlines connecting and managing IoT devices at scale from the cloud. Azure IoT Edge enables connected devices to function in networks with transient connectivity ensuring business continuity. It allows for deployment of compute workloads for intelligent data processing and acting on the data to provide low latency control logic at the edge.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to achieve more. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft.
* 4+ years of software design and development experience
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
* Excellent technical problem-solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
* Knowledge of one or more of Rust, .NET, C#, C/C++ and associated toolsets / frameworks
* Knowledge of one or more of operating systems, networking, and developing software for embedded devices
* Experience connecting devices to cloud services
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will be part of the Azure IoT Edge development team that is leading the way in building the core infrastructure for connecting IoT devices to the cloud. Responsibilities include:
* Design and implement core functionality of the Azure IoT Edge runtime
* Author highly efficient, clean code that can run efficiently on low-end hardware and scales well to server class hardware
* Ensure testability and test coverage for all components
* Stay focused on enabling customer, developer, and ODM scenarios
* Partner with teams across the Azure organization
* Grow and learn!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.