Are you a front end or full stack developer? Do you want to help power a world-class data science practice, enabling a large organization to make data-driven decisions? If so, we would love you to join the team that facilitates data driven insights for Windows and builds critical engineering workflows and analytic tools to understand our world more clearly through analytics.
The Core Data team uses data and experimentation to solve engineering and business problems across all layers of the operating system, from the kernel to the shell, from drivers to apps. We build systems that can handle the scale of hundreds of millions of machines and, yet, remain responsive for our users. We are a lean/agile team which utilizes Microsoft internal, Azure cloud, and open source computing platforms.
* 3+ years of software development experience
* 1+ years programming experience including C#, C/C++, or Java
* 1+ years SQL or other data query language experience
* TypeScript and React
* Working in a Lean/Agile environment
* Knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques
* Data engineering tools like Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, U-SQL, etc.
* NoSQL databases such as Druid, Impala, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.
* Azure-based services (CosmosDB, SQL, Redis, Service Bus, Hybrid Relay, Key Vault)
* Design, implementation, debugging, and monitoring of business-critical services
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: this position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Support ship decisions by enabling leadership to view the state of the entire product
* Enable engineers to design and execute metrics, providing them timely data about how the system is behaving
* Empower teams to ship on a fast, iterative cadence based on accurate data
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.