Have you ever imagined the world with an infinite amount of storage available and accessible to everyone? A place where everyone in the world can easily access their books, music, photos, video, any data from anywhere at any time via any means (e.g. mobile phones, tablets, PCs, smart devices, etc). Did you ever desire a universally accessible storage system to record all the knowledge known to mankind, to keep all the books/music/videos ever created, or to store all the data collected from all the scientists in the world for them to collaborate upon? Do you want to be part of a team that strives to bring these to reality? If so, the Microsoft Azure Storage team is what you are looking for.
We are building Microsoft's cloud storage solution - Microsoft Azure Storage, which is a massively scalable, highly distributed, ubiquitously accessible storage system, designed to scale out and serve the entire world. We continue to have tremendous hockey stick growth, we have many Exabyte's of data stored, and are designing and building systems for Zettabyte scale to support demand growth for the coming years.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about distributed storage and want to work on a fast-paced team with talented engineers. To be successful in this area you must thrive while solving challenges related to durability, availability, and concurrency while serving millions of requests per second. You will have an opportunity to make high impact changes daily as you build a hyperscale storage system that may indirectly or directly be used daily by your friends and family.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Ability to obtain/maintain U.S. Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI (with polygraph) level.
A successful candidate will have:
* Passion for distributed structured storage
* 2+ years of experience building scalable structured distributed storage systems
* 5+ years of experience in developing with C#/Java/C++ OR C
* Experience with distributed programming models
* Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
* Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
* Excellence in software engineering practices and coding
* Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
* BS+ in computer science or related fields
* Extensive knowledge and experience designing for operability
* Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.