The world is producing, storing and processing more data than ever before. Azure SQL Data Warehouse is a key part of Microsoft's big data analytics story. This service provides a massively parallel processing architecture to query petabytes of data at lightning fast speed. DW is one of the fastest growing services within Azure. We are looking for a team member who can help improve our engineering efficiency and shift-left quality, while shipping payloads on schedule safely, reliably and quickly to thousands of Data Warehouses.
As a member of the Azure SQL Data Warehousing development team, you will help us design, develop and support all aspects of the engineering pipeline to improve the developer experience, making it easier and simpler to write, built and validate features. As we move to modern concepts such as continuous integration and continuous deployment, we need people that are passionate about delivering the best engineering tools and pipelines possible with the least impact to our customers.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Statistics or Physics OR in place of these 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
* 4 years of programming experience writing code in Java, C++, C#, or C or other object-oriented programming language
* Great curiosity and willingness to question
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment
* Experience in database and data warehouse application design and development
* Experience developing and managing scalable cloud services
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems with deep passion and empathy for customers
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills with proven technical leadership skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This is a position with opportunity for high impact in increasing service scalability, reliability and engineering efficiency. We are a tight-knit team who values diversity, collaboration and learning from each other. We are committed to be data driven, agile development and improve customer experience. We want to truly understand customer requirements and deliver solutions that not only satisfy their needs but exceed their expectations. If that sounds like the right environment for you please join us!
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.