The Microsoft HoloLens hardware team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We're a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we'll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
We are seeking a Senior Technical Hardware Program Manager to join our team. The candidate will be a key member of our solutions team, responsible for delivering Product Solutions by scoping the needs across multiple organizations and for providing system level solutions that bridge hardware and software. The scope of this role includes driving decisions for feature sets and capabilities, creating and driving schedules, driving issues to closure, facilitating processes, and reporting on program progress.
* 6+ years of experience in program management within a product development and engineering team.
* Hardware development experience.
* Responsibility for multiple delivered-to-market product development cycles in high performance products incorporating cutting edge technologies.
* B.S./M.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
* Demonstrated cross-functional and cross-organizational experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Must be able to communicate complex issues and tradeoffs to development partners and management.
* Ability to define problems, distill data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Senior Hardware Program Manager, you will have responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
* Program manage tasks and bugs, schedules, deliverables, product costs, and budgets.
* Provided leadership for cross functional and cross organizational product development teams.
* Organize, present, and document technical and program reviews/status to Senior Management.
* Interface across multiple teams outside of the immediate org (e.g. software and experiences) to drive programs. Cross-functional collaboration with partner teams is critical to success
* Define and drive feature requirements into product, and author specifications or product requirements.
* Manage vendor engagements, including initial vendor selection.
* Establish legal contracts and author SOW. Obtain quotes, write POs, etc.
* The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.