343 Industries is looking for a Senior System Designer to work with our Sandbox Team. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of core gameplay loops with a focus on shooter combat, both single and multiplayer. This individual will be responsible for helping design and finely tune various elements of player combat: movement, weapons, armor, vehicles, and camera experiences to name a few. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively self-motivate within a large cross-disciplinary team. They must have a passion for creating a well-balanced shooter experience and have an exceptionally high bar for gameplay quality, creativity, and fun.
* 6+ years designing and implementing core combat mechanics on a first- or third-person shooter title.
* 2+ shipped AAA titles (or live services) as a Senior Designer or higher.
* High proficiency in current engines/toolsets (Frostbite Engine, Unreal, Unity, etc.).
* Experience in using text-based scripting languages (C#, Lua, UnityScript, etc.).
* Strong written and communication skills, as well as versed in Microsoft Office .
* Excellent organizational skills and be self-driven.
* Love for Shooter genre.
* A passion for the Halo franchise.
* Background in or strong understanding of related art tools: animation, modeling, VFX, etc..
* High level of competitive multiplayer experience in the Shooter genre.
* Strong level design understanding (competitive multiplayer or single-player RPGs).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and implement weapons/vehicles/player abilities from paper design to polished experience under the guidance of the Sandbox Lead.
* Be open to feedback and iterate quickly on it.
* Help hold teammates to high standards of quality and creativity.
* Work closely and communicate between all disciplines (art, QA, engineering, audio) to ensure a cohesive player experience.
* Work with engineering to improve tools and create new gameplay functionality.
* Understand and champion the team's combat Vision across disciplines and holistic teams.
* Run playtests with focused agendas and be an expert on the Vision of Sandbox.
* Help leadership make informed decisions on the long- and short-term impact of feedback and how it influences the Vision for our Sandbox.
* Help ensure a culture of highly motivated designers and a positive working environment
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.