Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The IC3 Infrastructure team within the E+D organization, is all about lighting up the cloud for the next generation of Skype+Teams services for our end users. The Engineering team is looking for a passionate, driven, and experienced Engineer to play a key role in planning, design architecture, & influencing highly available, reliable, and secure services that are critical to the success of Skype+Teams, and reestablishes Microsoft as a leader in real-time communications & collaboration.
The ideal candidate has a passion for enabling highly available services, developing enterprise-scale engineering processes, contributing to the team success, and cross-group collaboration working as part of a larger team to deliver results. You will make an impact by driving and implementing service engineering improvements by creating tools/automation for LiveSite activities and providing data driven insights to help ensure operational efficiency. This role will be highly integrated with the development discipline as part of a team accountable for every component of the system and every aspect of end to end quality. Hands-on experience as an engineer running online services based on Microsoft technologies (Azure, Windows, Debugging tools) and a deep understanding of ITIL/MOF operational principles will also be key. Additional qualifications include experience in the mobile industry, experience with Test tools, experience with Microsoft operational tools and processes, knowledge of Six Sigma methodology.
* 5+ years' experience in supporting the service design, development, and uptime of 24 x 7 enterprise systems.
* Experience with internet application architecture, load balancing, firewalls, NAT, Internet and routing protocols(HTTP, HTTP/2, ASLB, SIP, UDP)
* Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals(DNS, SSL, MTLS), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting, switching/routing concepts, and configuration of Load Balancers as well as Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
* Experience in performance monitoring, troubleshooting and site management for client/server architectures, particularly in Windows Server 2012, IIS, and troubleshooting tools such as LogParser, Netmon, HTTPWatch, WinDBG, WireShark and other open source tooling.
* Experience with Azure a plus
* Experience with Telecommunication industry a plus
* Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing, and supporting multi-tiered services, particularly with a focus on operability.
* Design, implementation, and operation of geo-redundant online systems
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems/Electrical engineering desired."
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Actively engage early in the service lifecycle interfacing with designer architects and leads to influence service readiness
* Own serviceability, reliability and quality, measure service health and influence service KPIs for services
* Work across disciplines to design secure and resilient service architectures across platform services and standardize topologies. Deliver and contribute to site availability, reliability and sustainability
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.